Tuesday, March 25, 2008

change of heart for carly?

Here's Carly, who was apparently named after Carly Simon. And she had really, really curly hair as a kid. And no tattoos.

Song: "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Me: Not necessarily the most original song choice, but once again she's pretty spot-on vocally. In typical Carly fashion, there's lots of big notes and I think she does a nice job of giving it a hard-rock edge. Could easily be criticized as screaming, though. Vocals are good, but not the best of what we've seen from her. I'd place it right in the middle of "Come Together" (stellar) and "Blackbird" (mediocre).

Randy: "I liked it, I didn't love it."

Paula: "I loved what you did at the end."

Simon: "Something didn't quite work there."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa I agree. screaming. boo!!

Amanda said...

I actually liked this a lot. I think her voice is right for it, too.