Tuesday, March 25, 2008

kristy thanks her lucky stars

Oh no. Time for Kristy Lee Cook, who claims she came out of the womb smiling.

Song: "God Bless the USA"

Me: Dangerous choice, but then again it may be exactly perfect for fan base. Guess my biggest criticism here is song choice. Vocals are better than what we've seen in the finalist stage. She virtually doesn't deviate at all from the original melody, which I guess might be the best option, given the "Eight Days a Week" fiasco. Once you accept the song, it's not horrible, but it's still a little cheesy. Unfortunately, I think it's enough to keep her around another week, though.

Randy: "I thought it was a very nice performance from you."

Paula: "To me, I've seen better performances from you. But your voice is sounding much stronger."

Simon: "Your best performance by a mile."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, I have to admit I really liked it and i hate hate hate hate HATE kristy. she looked cute too

Anonymous said...

i really like this song, stop hatin

Anonymous said...

This song makes me think of my 5th grade school music concert. Really cheesy. And she's just not that great.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

the bad part about it is that it still SUCKED! and 50% of the people wont give a crap and vote anyway, even though she is not that great of a performer... She put the judges in a bad position, because how can they critique that without being crucified in the ratings?!

Amanda said...

My husband said, "I love this song!" at the exact same time as I said " I hate this song." I love my country and I'm patriotic, but this song is silly to me for some reason. I'm surprised the judges liked her song choice, but I agree that it was probably smart with her fan base. Although they're obviously all dumb and tone deaf and would have voted for her no matter what she sang.