Tuesday, March 11, 2008

come together for carly

Time for Carly Smithson. Wow. She's really cleaned up since the first week. Soo much less vampiric. She tells us that she's rooming with Amanda Overmyer. Must be the party room. Anyway, she reminds us that she works at a bar. I wish I could party on St. Patrick's Day with her.

Song: "Come Together"

Me: Embarrassed to admit that this is another performance that makes me actually like Carly. Surprisingly, I like it it because it's not as vocally challenging as songs she's done before. Without a doubt, it's my favorite of the night. Vocals seem right on and tonight Carly appears to have a stage presence that increases her likeability even more. OK, so she's still a semi-pro, but I see a lot of ambivalent viewers being converted after tonight. Sorry.

Randy: "There wasn't a note out of tune. Stellar performance."

Paula: "I felt like I was already watching a star."

Simon: "Week after week, so far, I've thought that you have chosen the wrong song. Until now." (He added a parallel to Kelly Clarkson, which I don't think was 100 percent justified.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's not anything like kelly.
top 2 most def

Amanda said...

I was blown away by Carly. I've always liked her, but she definitely brought some charisma to her performance tonight, making it impossible to forget.
loved it.