Wednesday, March 12, 2008

stripping down david's exit

Aww...David Hernandez leaves against a backdrop of Ruben's cover of "Celebrate Me Home." I can't believe we're going to have to listen to that song 11 more times.

Anyway, even though I predicted one of the girls would go home, David's departure isn't too much of a surprise. In the end, I think he was hurt about 20 percent by the stripper scandal and 80 percent by a forgettable performance last night.

While some singers -- Kristy Lee and maybe even Ramiele -- were much worse vocally, I'd guess their fan bases are stronger and more faithful. Sure, this season David was an object of intrigue, but intrigue alone doesn't always translate into votes.

I'm still sad, though, and I'm still wondering who the heck is voting for Syesha week after week. You can help me figure that out.

How do you guys feel? Think the right person went home?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

shes the only black girl left you know that's instant votes not to mention shes gorgous and i think that david being a stripper helped him becuz i sudenly took notice but oh well say la vi

Anonymous said...

Where is David's big red X??

Anonymous said...

Sure, his performance may have been "forgettable" but at least it wasn't HORRENDOUS like Kristy's. That girl does not deserve to come back another week. Especially since she's supposedly an experienced musician, she should have known better than come out with that arrangement. She must be just plain stupid.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, it was a lot more exciting when people were getting cut in 4's. I wish we could keep up the pace because just one loser going home a week is boring.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm mad late, almost a year, but IIIIIIIII voted for Syesha week after week! She was a hell of a lot better than most of them!