Tuesday, March 25, 2008

is syesha your woman?

Next up: Syesha, who makes her freaky baby cry sound again. Not exactly enhancing her popularity.

Song: "If I Were Your Woman"

Me: A predictable song for this belter, but she performs it pretty well. It's probably the song that fits her best out of everything she's done in recent weeks. Also, she appears more confident on stage than what we've seen before. Still, I have difficulty putting her at the same level as belters from years past. She's still no Melinda Doolittle in my mind, or Tamyra Gray. Her vocals are on tonight, but it still seems like a little something's missing. I'm not entirely sold yet.

Randy: "This is a good moment for you for me...I think this is the best you've ever sounded to us."

Paula: "Syesha flipped it and became the dark horse that's going to sail on through."

Simon: "I think there is a limit on your vocals and I think that song stretched it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what Randy and Paula are on, but I want some. Simon had it right on this one. Maybe the producers are pushing here? That was fine, but NOT great.

Anonymous said...

ever since simon said the phrase "dark horse" several weeks back, it's been paula's new token comment when she wants to say something positive. what a douche. but i haven't heard pitchy too much this season

Amanda said...

Great performance. Like the whole R&B thing she's got going on, but I don't know how it will hold up during the long run