Tuesday, March 11, 2008

eight days ain't enough for kristy

Now it's Kristy Lee Cook, who prefaces her performance by telling us she's taking a big risk and making a Beatles song country. This might not go well.

Song: "Eight Days a Week"

Me: This is weird. Probably one of the most off-base arrangements I've seen on AI. You really can't make a country version of anything. Not only is the tempo bad, but it seems like she's trying to over-exaggerate the country vibe in her voice. Uniqueness gone wrong. I'm over her. It's all very trippy, and I spent the majority of my time watching just waiting for it to be over. Not comfortable.

Randy: "I'm kind of torn with this one. Half of me likes it, half of me didn't like it."

Paula: "I didn't get it."

Simon: "I thought it was horrendous, actually. You sounded like Dolly Parton on helium."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude kristy is out of here. good riddance

Amanda said...

It was like the instruments were playing faster than her singing. And I love that song, too. She totally butchered it. What was up with the yodeling at the end?? This has to be the worse performance of the night. If she's not gone tomorrow I'll be stunned.

Anonymous said...

The judges don't like country.

I don't like all of the songs at first, but I grew on this.

She is cute. That counts.