Tuesday, March 18, 2008

chikezie gets face time

Wow. Who was that old guy who just got some serious air time?

Time for Chikezie, who says his most memorable moment was Hollywood Week. He also adds that John Lennon is his favorite Beatle.

Song: "I've Just Seen a Face"

Me: Chikezie vows to take the stage with an instrument, but there is none to be found. OK, just kidding. He plays a harmonica. I'm a bit hesitant at first, namely because the first part sucks. He channels his poor man's Ruben Studdard again. But then he (perhaps unneccessarily) picks up the harmonica and goes all bluegrass on us again. I like it, there certainly more energy than other contestants of the night, but to some extent it seems like he's just trying to replicate last week's performance. Good energy, pretty good vocals, though. Yet I'm still not entirely sold on Chikezie as the unofficial "O Brother, Where Art Thou" mascot.

Randy: "It was a very weird, strange arrangement."

Paula: "You're showing who you are and the depth and the scope of your vocals."

Simon: "It started off OK, and then you played the harmonica...then it turns into Achy Breaky Heart at the end...I thought it was gimicky."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was so good this week! I think the best of the whole night. He's so cute and the ending of that song made me want to get up and dance.

Anonymous said...

i dug it

Anonymous said...

gimicky? what the hell is he talkin about? he was performing. david's sound box was gimicky

Anonymous said...

Chikezie is getting better and better each week.

Amanda said...

If I was a voter, I would have voted for Chikezie this week. He was a lot better than the judges gave him credit for.