Tuesday, March 25, 2008

michael: tonight's champion?

Time for Michael Johns. His parents say he's very competitive. He says he used to throw tables during card games with his sister. He again emphasizes how he thought he would be a professional tennis player. He is so not a real jock.

Song: "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions"

Me: Two songs. Kind of an AI first. I like it, though. Good choice to stick with the Queen after the success on "Bohemian Rhapsody." A little reminiscent of some of Daughtry's performances. I like this one more and more as the song progresses. Excellent stage presence, good interaction with the crowd. Probably my favorite MJ performance of the finalist phase, and it should help him gain some fans. Glad the coasting vibe is gone.

Randy: "That was the best performance for me since you've been on this show."

Paula: "This was your moment, your shining moment."

Simon: "This is the first time with you I saw star potential."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for michael! I have loved him from the beginning and was hoping for a comeback. good thing queen put out that song when they did or he mighta been in trouble!

awesome job!

Anonymous said...

My 78 year old mother LOVED this! That says something!! Cool to hear how competitive he was as a kid. You can tell he put his all into it. YES!!! So great to see that kind of push and drive, bringing him RIGHT to the top!

Anonymous said...

BEAST!!!!!!!!! HE'S GONNA WIN

Amanda said...

I had a huge crush on Michael before the actual voting competition started, but he's successfully bored me every week. I kept thinking that maybe my expectations had been raised too high but he proved tonight that he does have a strong voice. I don't know why he waited this long to bring it.