Tuesday, March 11, 2008

want syesha in your life?

First up? Syesha, who tells us she's a "working actress." Apparently the public access-worthy commercials we saw earlier this season are enough to earn her that title. Who knew?

Song: "Gotta Get You Into My Life"

Me: Wow, not the best start. She's definitely a little flat. She picks up some energy at the halfway mark, but it's clear she's not in her element when she's not belting. I'm not loving this. Yeah, the powerful notes are good, but there's only a few of them. For the most part, it's a little flat and kind of forgettable. Could have been much worse, especially for the first of the night, but it could have been a lot better, too.

Randy: "It was all right."

Paula: "It started off pitched...but midway through you found your zone."

Simon: "I thought it was a great choice of song...I just think you looked very, very nervous."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

booo. never been a big fan of hers. I hope she gets the boot

Anonymous said...

about her video, I likd that it showed a little bit more personality for her.. but that weird baby cry should just stay inside her throat and NEVER make its way back onto national TV.

performance: she and chikezie are the only ones pullin' out some sesrious R&B so I didnt mind it so much but I think its not going to win the comptetition for her. shes got a pretty voice but nothing out of the ordinary on this show.

Anonymous said...

she made some weird noise "oh ---??" that I heard ramiele make during her video the other week. weird. does anyone else kno what im talkin about