Wednesday, March 5, 2008

faithful to kristy lee?

Next up? Kristy Lee Cook, who tells us she used to pretend to be a dog. TMI.

Song: "Faithfully"

Me: Taking the judges' advice from last week, Kristy goes full-fledged country this week. I'm hesitant to like this at first, but her creativity with the song is refreshing, and she has no glaring problems vocally. As far as slow songs go, she's miles ahead of what Kady gave us earlier. I could have used a little more charisma on stage, though, as this performance in my mind isn't quite memorable enough to secure Kristy a spot in the finals.

Randy: "I actually liked it."

Paula: "That could be a hit for you in country music."

Simon: "I still think that your problem is that you're forgettable...At best I can see you coming in 10th."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solid performance, but not sure that she has enough to go very much farther in the competition.

Anonymous said...

She seems like such a sweet girl. I hope she goes really far, but I agree, her vocals just don't stack up to some of the other girls.

Anonymous said...

I used to pretend I was a doggie, too. Still do, actually. I think she has staying power. She needs to go more country, though.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's hilarious! That must be a common thing because I totally used to pretend like I was a dog too. Actually, I still enjoy pretending to be a dog from time to time :)

Amanda said...

Amen, Simon. And I hate her awkward dancing.

Anonymous said...

YIKES she was HORRIBLE! I thought she did the worst of anyone for the past two nights. how come no one else is saying this???????