Wednesday, March 5, 2008

in love with brooke?

Here's Brooke White, who once hugged the wrong guy thinking it was her dad. When she was 13.

Song: "Love is a Battlefield"

Me: She opts for an interesting, acoustic-type version of this song and I like it. So far, it's tonight's most unique rendition. Brooke takes a risk and is accompanied only by a guitar, creating a darker, less danceable vibe than what you'd expect from the original. Die-hard Benatar fans might be reluctant to embrace it, but this is definitely one of my top picks of the night so far.

Randy: "Actually, I really liked it."

Paula: "I thought it was a very wise choice that you did that."

Simon: "You made it into a completely different type of song...and once again, two weeks running, you did a completely great performance."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke is so awesome! She's totally my favorite. She's got such a great voice. I think she's gonna go far.

Anonymous said...

I loved it. I miss the dancing in the street, though. Big risk, and it worked. Those judges almost ruined her performance, though. They are so out there today.

Anonymous said...

she always has such cut clothes! i think she's great. definitely one of my faves

lisa mc said...

I heart her. And Carly. but WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE HIGH-WAISTED PANTS? why are the 80s coming back so hardcore?

Anonymous said...

She's my fav too. And hot.

Anonymous said...

Brooke has been my favorite since I saw her at auditions holding those twin babies against her ample bosoms.

Anonymous said...

I don't get why Randy said she didn't make the song her own-has he ever heard the original?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this girl, especially with the acoustic guitar. She's different from the other winners of AI, and I want her to just be named the winner right now.