Monday, March 10, 2008

who you calling a has-been?


An update on two of the most divisive former AI contestants.

First, one from now:

Rosie O'Donnell has offered Danny Noriega a gig performing on her cruise line. Get the full story here.

And one from, um, later:

Here's a random update on what Sanjaya Malakar has been up to since his AI run. Summary: He just performed at a bat mitzvah, and might record an album in the "very near future." In it, he'd like to do an R&B collaboration with Stevie Wonder.

In Sanjaya's own words:

"Right after the 'American Idol' tour, which was the most incredible thing I've experienced to this date, I needed some downtime," he said. "I'd been caught up in this crazy whirlwind that happened overnight. So I went off and wrote music with my sister, and I've been writing a lot, working with producers. I've been playing shows and charity events. I've been developing myself as an artist, because I came directly from high school to this career, so I've been learning about this business."

No comments: