Tuesday, March 11, 2008

david cook (kind of) rocks

Time for David Cook. He reminds us he was a bartender who performed at a bar, too.

Song: "Eleanor Rigby"

Me: Wow. He is sooo trying to be Chris Daughtry. Early on, it's clear this performance won't be at the quality of last week's "Hello." The beginning is rough, and I don't really know what to think for the opening seconds of it. The chorus redeems him to some extent, but I guess my expectations are just too high after what we saw last week. Wish we could have gotten a little more originality, or at least a little more vocal power early on.

Randy: "Once you hit the chorus, dude, it was rocking."

Paula: "I think that you are fantastic."

Simon: "I thought it was brilliant."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever david cook rocked out. he didn't COMPLETELY blow me away like last week, but that doesn't mean i won't be youtubing his performance tomorrow. maybe just not as many times.

Anonymous said...

He was overrated last week and this and I bet his is going to be the surprise dismissal tomorrow. at least I hope so.

Amanda said...

He sounded a bit flat at the beginning of the song, but I think once he picked it up he sounded great. Rocker, and that doesn't mean he sounds like daughtry. .. You act like Daughtry's the Whitney Houston of rock or something