Tuesday, March 11, 2008

david hernandez: standing there

Next up is David Hernandez. He talks about his job at a pizza bistro...and his role as a student...and?? OK, dude, I think we all know what you're forgetting. No mystery here.

Song: "I Saw Her Standing There"

Me: Some serious hip gyrations tonight. Think I know where he got those. It has its good points, with some nice memorable high notes and belting. Powerful voice. He's got that going in his favor. Still, this is another one of those performances where you're expecting something better than what you actually get. Only it works in the opposite way of what happened to Ramiele. While we expected her to get loud, David at many points needed to cool down and step away from the belting.

Randy: "For me, it was a little too overdone."

Paula: "I feel like you kind of overdid it a little bit."

Simon: "I thought it was corny verging on desperate."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

desperate? for what? tips?

Anonymous said...

onesies, anon, one dolla bills

Anonymous said...

whoa is it just me or did he sound really twangy??

Anonymous said...

reminded me a bit of clay aiken for some reason.