Friday, April 11, 2008

adios, thunder down under

Recovered yet?

My personal mourning process aside, I'm wondering how Michael Johns' exit will affect the rest of the season. I'm guessing David Cook will be blessed with an even greater surge in support, since he'll be the only remaining male hard rocker.

Some bloggers are suggesting Michael Johns' Australian roots may have hurt him. I'm interested in what you guys think. Are people sick enough to be that obsessed with the "American" part of Idol?

Anyway, here's an exit interview Michael Johns did with Entertainment Weekly. He calls Seacrest's antics "pretty cruel." I agree!

Some more links to keep you busy:

*Next week is Mariah Carey week, this press release reports. I REALLY hope Archuleta doesn't sing "Hero."

*Britney Spears donated $25,000 to "Idol Gives Back," according to this article.

*National Review discusses McCain's taped message that aired Tuesday.

*And now info on some AI paraphernalia: The Idol stamps and the new Happy Meal toys.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

david cook is going to win this thing all the way as long as he doesn't go overboard with the whole cockiness thing.