Tuesday, April 29, 2008

here i go...finally

Blogging is starting late for factors beyond my control. Anyone want to be a guest blogger and recap the first 3 performances?

Anyway, I'm here right in time for David Archuleta.

Song: "Sweet Caroline"

Me: Whoa. Not the best performance to start my night with. It's like the Kidz Bop version of Neil Diamond. I am so over this guy. It's a very safe, predictable choice. This is like watching your 70-year-old uncle trying to rock out. Except David's, like, 16. Sadly, I would have rather watched a ballad.

Um, here's Syesha?

Song: "Hello Again"

Me: Decent, but your typical predictable Syesha ballad. Ugh. Nothing new to say.

OK, now judges' comments. I figured it out: We just wrapped up round 1 and get all the judges' comments at once. Randy loves Archuleta, but he's pretty hesitant about the rest. Paula is incoherent as usual. She thought Jason sang twice. Her favorite was David Cook. Simon calls Brooke a nightmare...actually, he hated everybody.

7 comments:

lisa mc said...

Yeah everyone pretty much sucked. David Cook was all right. Poor Castro. Neil Diamond liked everyone but him. That's my guest blog.
Also, best Paula breakdown in the entire season!

Anonymous said...

Brooke was TERRIBLE the first song. It was just horrendous. I had to look away, I was so embarrassed for her. Simon was right in calling it a NIGHTMARE.

Jason was dull, and of course, Cook was great. I happen to dislike his lower register, though. It sounds funny and false.

Anonymous said...

I HATE ARCHULETA! I hate that stupid grin on his face, I hate the way he nods into the mike when he's singing, I hate the way he bops up and down with the rhythm. I hate his voice. I hate the way he has tons of little girl fans who are going to probably make him win this. I hate that American Idol will once again have another winner that is unsuccessful in the music industry and makes the show look ridiculous. Which it's starting to be.

Anonymous said...

Paula is on DRUGS! Simon and Randy need to sit her down for an intervention. GET PAULA HELP NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

i think paulas brakedown would been beter if she had cryed and started flaling about on the table

Anonymous said...

archuleta is a douche bag and i hate that he sang this song how predictable booooooo

Ama-dono said...

Cook's always great, whatever he does...
And look, about Paula, give her a break. I'll tell you right now what happened: She was taking notes on the songs and forgot to make a break between Jason's comment and the next performance, so she just saw two comments for two songs and didn't realize the mistake, all right?