Tuesday, April 15, 2008

david cook: whoa, baby!

Ramiele's in the audience! Anyway...time for David Cook, who's doing "something different" with his song. Mariah calls it pretty and haunting. Umm...

Song: "Always Be My Baby"

Me: Surprise song choice, but David redeems himself quickly by giving the song an original hard rock vibe. It's one of the most original moves of the season, and it's hard NOT to like him at least a little bit after this. He'll likely secure the night's No. 1 spot. And even as an only quasi David Cook fan, I'll agree with that.

Randy: "You're ready to make an album. You're a hot recording artist."

Paula: "That's pretty awesome."

Simon: "It was original, it was daring, it stood out by a mile."

4 comments:

lisa mc said...

That was entirely made of awesome. I'd buy it. or hit it. or both.

Anonymous said...

I love this song! he made it completely different, too, without pissing mariah fans off.

i wanted to cry when I saw his brother, too

Amanda said...

Is "haunting" a good thing?

Probably best of the night.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite songs by Mariah. I absolutely loved it!!!!!!