Tuesday, April 22, 2008

thinking of david. or not.

Next up, David Archuleta, who is treated to a group hug from a bunch of adolescent girls. He also sings a song designed for a woman. Think his dad picked it?

Song: "Think of Me"

Me: Yes, another slow inspirational ballad from David. You can imagine it. Boring. But in his defense, I guess, he's not really over-doing it. But it's a safe choice, and one that does nothing to change my opinion of Archuleta. Either way.

Randy: "You're exactly what this show's about...This boy's the one to beat."

Paula: "I think it was absolutely perfect."

Simon: "I thought it was pleasant, one of your weakest performances over the live shows."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, great vocals... but it almost feels he's singing the same thing over and over, and then one more time... maybe a song in the radio will be fine, but listening to an entire David A CD?? Maybe to replace my Ambien prescription...

Anonymous said...

I just cannot believe he is still here. That was just the worst thing. Everytime the judges say how wonderful he is I think they decided that he was the one they are going to endorse no matter what. He actually is creepy.

Anonymous said...

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i hate him!

Anonymous said...

way overpraised, david. don't get used to it. even if you win this competition, which I'm praying you don't, no one, me especially, is going to borrow your sorry ass excuse for a record.

Anonymous said...

I sure don't understand you David A. haters. He has a beautiful voice and was fabulous last night, even though I hate the genre of the evening. He IS the one to beat in this competition, and I just don't see anyone left any more talented than he is. I still can't believe Michael Johns was booted before Carly and that stupid Kristy Lee.

Mrs. Pie said...

creepy? little archuleta? no way. he's a doof, perhaps, a goofy, giggly kid, most definitely, but not a creep.

I think he made this wonderful song a boyband song... so if you're into that... then I guess you'd have loved his performance. it wasn't my thang, however.