Friday, April 18, 2008

idle links

Happy Friday! A few AI-related tidbits to keep you busy over the weekend...

*Season 2 finalist Carmen Rasmussen says AI contestants don't get equal amounts of coaching time. Read more here.

*How much money do AI finalists get for their daily meals? Not as much as you think -- $30, one former contestant says. Get the full story here.

*Looks like Archuleta's dad is facing an uphill battle. Former "Star Search" judge Naomi Judd doesn't do much to help his case in this video.

And finally...

*This week, AI suffered its worst Tuesday rating since 2003, Reuters reports. Some are calling it the "Sanjaya curse," since the show saw a ratings drop on the same week last year -- the first Top 12 week without Sanjaya. Make no mistake, the show's still at the top of the ratings list.

But still...

Are you having a hard time staying interested? Do you think it's something about this season in particular, or is AI as a whole losing its appeal?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the hosts said that chikezie denied ever seeing archuleta's dad act crazy.. I wonder how much he was paid to say that.

lisa mc said...

OK... I have TiVo, so I can rewatch these episodes whenevs. After rewatching David Cook and Jason Castro over the past four episodes, I've made a somewhat important distinction that may reflect on who's going to last longer: I would totally marry David Cook. Instantly. But I'd always have a secret love for Fidel. Whoa, just like that Brad Pitt movie — Legends of the Fall! I would not end up killing myself though.
Maybe it's because David's personality is way better than Castro's. Or because that dude is WAY too pretty to be trusted in a monogamous relationship.
Since most of American Idol's voting viewers are (I assume) looking for a fake longterm relationship with the winner of American Idol, I am predicting that the final two will be the two Davids, with Castro or Carly as the third runner-up. I mean, El Castro is so lovable, but he's too damn goofy to compete with Archuleta's "Deer In Headlights/Doe Eyes" look or Cook's "I Am Ultra Classy and My Brother Has Cancer But I Won't Use It To Get Votes Because I Am Ultra Classy and Intelligent."

Yeah, this is what I do on Sundays when I'm alone. Also, I download AI songs on iTunes. "Always Be My Baby" full-length studio version rocks. And "Travelin Thru" is wayyyy better in the studio than when it was performed.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.