Tuesday, April 8, 2008

love kristy lee anyway?

Next up: Kristy Lee Cook, who in her interview sports a T-shirt with a big cross on it. Way to go for your fan base.

Song: "Anyway"

Me: Actually, I don't hate this performance. I think it's kind of a weird arrangement, and the vocals aren't entirely spot-on, but it's still a pretty strong effort. She knows her fan base, clearly, and I'm more accepting of this song because it's not pandering like what we got from "God Bless the USA." In the end, it's more than watchable. I'm not sold entirely, but she's still miles ahead of Syesha.

Randy: "I loved that, actually."

Paula: "I think you outdid yourself tonight. This was your best by far."

Simon: "I thought you were very, very good indeed."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was actually decent, which disappoints me.

i liked her better when she was a train wreck.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha yeah, she was definitely more interesting to watch.


And I think Syesha was better tonight.

Anonymous said...

SHE is AWSOME what do any of you now?

Anonymous said...

She might actually stick around and make things more interesting to all of the 'frontrunners'.

On another note--does anyone else think the judges are doing a better than usual job tonight of making good points/constructive criticism?

Anonymous said...

Oh I guess I agree about the judges.. although I think they were a bit harsh on Michael Johns. He owned that song.

Amanda said...

I think she's gotta be bff with someone in the higher ups at American Idol... thus explaining her survival each week.

That said, this was a good week... Not surprisingly, I mean, there are tons of emotional/inspirational country songs she had to choose from to make her fan base weep their way to the cordless phone.

However, I still hate her, and her crispy hair.