Tuesday, April 8, 2008

pot of gold for jason

Time for Jason Castro, who again talks about achieving dreams. What a surprise.

Song: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

Me: He bravely takes on the Hawaiian guy's version of this song, ukulele and all. When I read on the spoilers he'd be performing this, I knew he'd nail it, and I'm right. It's a solid performance, and Jason's back to the laid-back, contemplative vibe we all (Lisa) fell in love with. I love it, and I'm suddenly 100 percent more confident in my original prediction that we'll have a stoner victory this year.

Randy: "That was the hottest so far tonight."

Paula: "You have the most definitive sound...You did a great job."

Simon: "Fantastic."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH HE IS SO HOT! THAT WAS AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

top 3 most def

lisa mc said...

I did not write that comment above. But I thought it.

I freaking loved that. I don't have words to express my love for the Castro. I just love the Castro with all my cold, black heart.

We (my american-idol-watching-posse and I) want him to come in second place.

We also think Kristy Lee should die in a fire.

--------

Disclaimer: now this is one of the A.L.-watching-posse members to which Lisa referred...

Just for the sake of it... that "Hawaiian guy" is named Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

Amanda said...

If you weren't a Jason fan before tonight, you have to be after this one.

I wish he coulda been last because this is the kind of song you want to end the night on.

And though I wasn't a fan at first, he's slowly warmed me, and tonight he's lured me into his crazed, mostly underage fan base.

Even though I'm still not crazed or underage.

Amanda said...

And I must add that I LOVE the version of the song that he covered. I think it was a good idea to make that clear that he WASN'T arranging it differently himself (AHEM, David Cook).

The original by the ukulele is definitely downloadable for those of you who've never heard it.