Tuesday, April 29, 2008

brooke & archuleta, part 2

Here's Brooke White, who criticizes Simon (kind of) for calling her first performance a nightmare.

Song: "I Am, I Said"

Me: It's definitely outside the realm of nightmare. Brooke takes the stage with a piano, and gives us something that's actually pretty enjoyable. It's the first time in weeks I've actually seen some uniqueness in her vocal tone. A good performance, one that brings to mind those Carly Simon parallels that we were hearing in the competition's early stages.

Randy: "Nice job."

Paula: "Everyone loves who you are."

Simon: "This is the Brooke we like."

Next up? David Archuleta

Song: "America"

Me: Hmm. You guys can probably imagine how this went. Looks like SOMEBODY got some song choice guidance from Kristy Lee. Anyway, Archuleta could totally be in a fifth-grade talent show right now. It's another predictable performance, but much better than the first. I do have to say I like him better singing the fast stuff. He'll be safe.

Randy: "You are definitely in the zone right now."

Paula: "This was the absolutely perfect song for you to sing."

Simon: "That was a smart choice of song. That was clever."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke was AWESOME again! I had just about lost all faith in her, and there she goes, whipping that out of nowhere. I hope she is safe.

And I don't understand why David's song was so "smart." Is it because he's supposed to be appealing to Mexican immigrants (legal or otherwise) or something? I guess he's Latin American, but why is a song about immigration so smart? I hate that song anyway

Anonymous said...

you know what i dont get why is archuleta so popular he is not that original and he reminds me of a shorter younger clay aken.

Anonymous said...

your stupid archuleta is the best thing to ever happen to this show and clay aken was gay but he still sold lots of records and archuleta will be the next britney spears im telin ya

Anonymous said...

i like brooke whenshe's behind a piano and not forgetting her words. i didn't like her outfit. and i could do without her when she tries to do fast songs.