Tuesday, April 8, 2008

i believe syesha's outta here

Time for Syesha Mercado, who gives a brief shout-out to her former roommate, Ramiele. "She's the only one who really got me," she says. Yeah, Ramiele better be voting hardcore tonight, especially given Syesha's choice...

Song: "I Believe"

Me: Groan. Not a good idea to sing a song by a former Idol. Seriously. Note: LaKisha sang this song on inspirational week last year, and was ousted on the double-elimination round a week later. Bad idea all around. She does nothing to make it original, and it ends up being a cheap Fantasia knockoff. Seriously...of all the songs, why would you choose one that will make you inevitably compared to an AI champ? Can you tell I'm not a fan?

Randy: "It was OK."

Paula: "I just think hands down this is one of your most shining nights."

Simon: "Technically, I thought you sang it very well. However, what it lacked for me was that big, big wave of emotion."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the judges said the exact same thing last year when lakisha sang this.. that it wasn't as good as fantasia..
why on earth would she pick this?
at least she did put a little of her own spin on it

Anonymous said...

why was she surprised when the judges said it wasn't good as fantasia?

Anonymous said...

like she didn't think before hand that they would. duh

Amanda said...

Yeah she seemed to have some tude when she was asking Randy if he was "comparing" her to Fantasia.

That takes away likability points on my chalkboard.

And I went and looked up a youtube copy of fantasia singing that song after she won... It took me back to 2005 or whenever that was... very emotional.

But then her career sucked.