Wednesday, April 9, 2008

giving my final thoughts

So "Idol Gives Back" actually flew by kind of quickly, and I don't have too many criticisms. (It's hard to be snarky when people are trying to save the world.)

I am, however, wondering what happened to the presidential candidates. Did I miss their taped appearances? Sources like ABC News, Fox News and the Associated Press all reported they would appear.

I thought the night's highlights were Annie Lennox and Carrie Underwood. How about you?

Sure, I guess you can criticize "Idol Gives Back" as hypocritical or cheesy, but in the end the show does seem to do some good. Or at least make people realize that the hours they spend watching glorified karaoke could be better spent.

I could waver back and forth on this one.

What do you think? Did you watch the whole thing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't watch the whole thing. seemed to go on and on and on forever.

group songs were good

Anonymous said...

WOW, that was boring, cheesy, and lame. I'm sorry, I know it's for a good cause, but it was very low on the quality entertainment scale. I didn't see the whole thing, maybe I saw about 2/3 of it.

My recap....Bono is Jesus, Terri Hatcher can't sing, Ben Stiller tries too hard to be funny, Miley Cyrus and Billy Crystal should never be on stage together again, Annie Lenox?, Carrie Underwood is hot, Fergie is kinda hot, Ryan Seacrest is a moron....The End.