Tuesday, April 22, 2008

syesha takes the high road

First up, Syesha Mercado, who uses her pre-performance segment as an opportunity to show off her theatrical skills. Fortunately, we were spared of another repeat of the baby cry.

Song: "One Rock & Roll Too Many"

Me: Surprisingly, I don't hate this. We see some real personality from Syesha for the first time, and vocally, I like it because it's not too over-the-top when it comes to belting. I could be my favorite from Syesha so far, but in my praise I do have one reservation. Syesha seems so confident with the Broadway genre that it almost makes it appear even more unlikely that she'd ever see success as a pop star. But not bad overall, though.

Randy: "Not only is this your element, I think you could be a huge Broadway star."

Paula: "This is your happy place and you're real good at it."

Simon: "That was very sexy....I think this was one of your strongest performances so far."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... great way to start the night... her entire persona was very adhoc to tonight's theme! Finally some personality!

Anonymous said...

she actually brung it tonite. i am impressed woohoo

Anonymous said...

I thought she hit a home run--by far, the best performance of the night. B/t/w, the song title is "One Rock & Roll Too Many."

Anonymous said...

I can't stand Syesha and am surprised she has remained in the competition as long as she has. Her performance was OK last night, and like Randy said, she might be a Broadway star (but I doubt that too), but she will NEVER win this competition or sell a single CD.

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard this song but I loved her stage presence and the acting she did... maybe she should be on broadway instead of a pop singer