Tuesday, April 8, 2008

brooke needs friends

Last up, Brooke White, who also talks in her interview about achieving dreams.

Song: "You've Got a Friend"

Me: Kind of a cliche song choice. She takes the stage accompanied by the piano, a contrast to the many weeks she's spent playing instruments. It's OK, classic Brooke happiness, but doesn't do much for her vocally. I actually got kind of bored toward the end. Nothing wrong with the song overall, but it lacked the classic Brooke originality. It's forgettable enough to put her in trouble.

Randy: "I don't think it was your best performance. It was OK for me."

Paula: "I think once again, you're definitive."

Simon: "Was it pleasant? Yes."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww that was bad. I love brooke, too.

Looks like i better vote for her tonight

Anonymous said...

I think she's one of the better (and more genuine) contestants, but she could have legitimate reasons to shed some more tears come Thursday night...

Amanda said...

Brooke's been my favorite since auditions, but I have to admit, this performance was bland. I hate James Taylor for one thing. For another thing, she's getting a bit too sugary when she nods sweetly at the camera with those big eyes full of tears. Not that I question her sincerity.. but why's so so emotional?

Amanda said...

I seriously cannot get in to vote!

This is why I have never bothered before now.

I just want to put in my one measly vote!!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke is making me so mad.
I think she peaked with "You're So Vain."
I want her to stay around one more week to make a dramatic comeback, but I say she deserves to go home.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Brooke!
I'll never get sick of her voice.