Tuesday, April 8, 2008

dreaming of michael?

Phew. Made it just in time. Almost didn't get here due to a redneck picnic in the middle of my street. Sometimes I hate the Bibb.

Anyway, down to business. It's inspirational songs as planned, and first up is Michael Johns, who talks about the power of a dream. If only he knew the thoughts that run through my mind under the covers. Mmm.

Song: "Dream On"

Me: Michael's going a little crazy tonight. He pulls a full-fledged Aerosmith cover, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The screaming is a bit too exaggerated at times, but this performance is enough, I think, to prove he's gaining some ground. In the end, it's more than merely memorable. Not as solid and original as what we got last week, but I'm happy.

Randy: "It had some pitch problems for me...I don't buy that you are in any way like an Aerosmith."

Paula: "I think it was a perfect song for you to pick. You sound as good as you look."

Simon: "I thought it was a very good performance...I thought it was a little bit wannabe-ish."

4 comments:

lisa mc said...

Shit, I was late too. I was afraid I missed the Castro. BUT OH sweet jesus he's singing somewhere over the rainbow. uh oh.

Anonymous said...

it was a bit of a knock off... it sounded good but unfortunately didn't knock my undies off like weeks before

Anonymous said...

I disagreed. I think that was the perfect song for him and he sang it great. That's so his style; what is Randy talking about???

Amanda said...

Poor Michael didn't deserve all the flack. He did well tonight! If he hadn't done all the screaming, it wouldn't have been the same song. So good jorb from me.