Tuesday, April 29, 2008

jason & david cook, part 2

Time for the second performance from Jason Castro.

Song: "September Morn"

Me: Hmm. Jason takes the stage sans guitar and it hurts him. Badly. This guy could be in trouble. I think I'd rather watch "Memory." It's not even predictable. It's just bad. Seems like he's almost given up. Fans -- aside from those who want to hook up with him -- could hold this lack of creativity against him.

Randy: Didn't like it

Paula: Didn't like it

Simon: "This is not the Jason we put into the competition."

Here's David Cook.

Me: Unlike Jason, he DOES take the stage with an instrument. Naturally, he fares a little better. Since, um, he's David Cook. I'd never heard this song before, but he does a good job of making a contemporary rendition of it. I like it, and I imagine fans could place it near "Always Be My Baby" in their memories.

Song: "All I Really Need Is You"

Randy: "You rocked the house again tonight."

Paula: "I feel like I'm already looking at the American Idol."

Simon: "I thought the second song was brilliant."

4 comments:

lisa mc said...

I want to hook up with him but I still don't think I'm gonna vote this week. Cook was the awesome.

what the hell is with the stupid waving crowd? Really, really annoying.

Brooke was just good. Uh oh. No. Jason, no!

Anonymous said...

Jason isn't ever creative. Has he once made a song "his own"? He always does well when he sings songs that are that particular style already.. not because he's changing them. Like Hallelujah and Over the Rainbow.

The David was friggin fabulous again. And he knew it. And we knew it. And he's going to win this.

Anonymous said...

jason almost seems like he doesnt even try an i thin k tonite its gona finally bite him in his well formd ass

Anonymous said...

am I the only one who didn't HATE jason's two performances with a vengeance? I thought they were nice. and he seems so sweet.