Tuesday, April 15, 2008

jason: tears of success

Last up, it's Jason Castro.

Song: "I Don't Wanna Cry."

Me: Guitar in hand, he opts for a much slower, acoustic-type version. I'm a little hesitant at first -- especially given the weird facial expressions he makes while singing -- but I'm increasingly sold as the song progresses. It's nice, with bonus points for originality, and while it doesn't have the intense crowd-pleasing power of a David Cook tune, I don't have too many complaints. Although I definitely could have used one more upbeat tune.

Randy: "It was weird for me, I didn't get it."

Paula: "I'd love to be at that luau listening all night long."

Simon: "It was a cool version...The guys completely won the night."

4 comments:

lisa mc said...

I so sweat him.

Anonymous said...

that was okay.. that song wasn't great.. actually one of my least favorite

Anonymous said...

The only thing I liked about Jason's moment tonight was Randay's comment.. he said something about it seemed like a weird Luau. That was hilarious and so true, even Simon laughed heartily.

For me... every week Jason performs is like a weird Luau and I was so glad one of the judges FINALLY recognized it.

Castro is just so goofy and annoying, I don't know how his third rate performances get him through each week, I guess all the 13 year old girls think he's cute or something.

Amanda said...

The judges were all whack tonight. I think this was one of Jason's poorest performances... why was Simon so giddy with his approval?