Tuesday, April 15, 2008

heroic proportions for brooke?

Time for Brooke White, who reminds us of her sister's wedding. Turns out the plan with the cardboard cutout didn't work out that well after all.

Song: "Hero"

Me: Looks like she stole this one from Archuleta. Do you think there was a fist fight? Anyway, Brooke takes the stage with a piano and we basically just get a slower, less screechy, more boring version of the original. I don't know...it seems to lack Brooke's traditional uniqueness. I'm not entirely entertained, and I think she could have gone for a stronger song choice.

Randy: "I thought it was pretty good."

Paula: "Every ounce of you is totally authentic...I think that this unplugged version was a very brave thing to do."

Simon: "It was a bit like ordering a hamburger and only getting the bun."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The instrumental didm't seem to be full enough.

Amanda said...

Looks like I'll have to attempt to vote again tonight. We'll see if I actually get through. Why's she been having a rough time lately? I thought she sounded really off key. Am I the only one?