Tuesday, April 1, 2008

here comes carly

Time for Carly Smithson, who still kinda looks like she's preggers.

Song: "Here You Come Again"

Me: It's a performance that starts well and ends VERY well, but the melody to me got lost a bit in the middle. Yeah, I understand this was supposed to show off Carly's incredible range and everything, but I still like her better when she's rocking out and not being as showy. But at least it seems genuinely heartfelt and better than last week.

Randy: "That will probably be one of the better performances of the night."

Paula: "That was glorious."

Simon: "I thought it was good, I didn't think it was great...I also think you need to have a word, Carly, with whoever's dressing you at this point."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that she switched up the melody a bit... it maybe didn't work as well as david cook's knockoff renditions, but it was interesting. and original

Anonymous said...

yikes those tights were... tight

Anonymous said...

I really didn't think it was great at all. If you know the real song you'd know she didn't follow it at all melodywise and she might as well have been singing a completely different song with different words.

It was a bit boring in my opinion

Amanda said...

I was awed at first but then during that first verse she lost a bit of the song perhaps.

It could have easily been any other tune and would have been the same performance.

I'm not making any sense.

Let's just say I was a bit disappointed and wanted it to be better than it was.