Wednesday, March 5, 2008

remember her?


In the wake of all the recent drama involving David Hernandez, MTV decided to give us an update on last season's biggest scandal-maker, Antonella Barba.

Refresher: Antonella, who was eliminated this same week last year, gave life to an otherwise boring season last year when some questionable pics surfaced. See them here.

Anyway, for all the hoopla she generated last year, Antonella actually seems pretty normal now. Turns out that rather than milking her 15 minutes of fame, she went back to school at Catholic University after being eliminated from the show.

She turned down a VH1 reality show deal, and is now a celebrity spokesperson for Election Law, a technology company. She's also still pursuing a music career, working with a producer who's worked with Dr. Dre and Eminem.

An excerpt:

"I sometimes worry that I'm waiting too long [to start my singing career], and that's what's so hard about being patient and finishing school. But at the same time, I need time to finish my degree and have some time to myself, and everything last year was such a whirlwind. I had to regroup and have a game plan. To have jumped into something immediately ... I would have been too frazzled."

See the full interview here.

No comments: