Tuesday, March 4, 2008

luke's ready to go-go

All right...here we go. '80s theme, of course. Question of the night is what's your most embarrassing moment?

First up is Luke Menard, whose most embarrassing moment involves being dressed up as a girl by his sister when he was a kid. We get a picture...but I'm not impressed. Neither is Danny Noriega, I'm sure.

Song: "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"

Me: Wow. Luke in the No. 1 spot, also known as the most forgettable spot. This is not going to go well. I am, however, happy to see him pull out some Wham! Clearly he's been visiting the Ledger-Enquirer's Friday dance parties. Looong story. Anyway, his performance is typical Luke, a bunch of high notes and some awkward stage presence. He sounds out of place with almost every song he sings, but I at least like this one better than his attempts to rock out last week. Still not the best ever, though, and his awkwardness might put him in danger.

Randy: "It was all right, a little bit corny for me, but all right."

Paula: "I loved, loved, loved your interpretation of it."

Simon: "I didn't like it. I thought it was weak, a little bit girly."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dance party comes to American Idol! I thought this was Luke's best. He can really hit those high notes.

Anonymous said...

poor luke. he is DEFINITELY out this week

Amanda said...

He was so gross! I hate his voice. It's weird and high-pitched and whiny. The only reason I think he's here is because he's moderately cute. At least, cuter than that weirdo albino with farrah fawcett hair who got cut the first week.