Tuesday, March 4, 2008

say hello to david cook

Here's David Cook, who forgot the lyrics while peforming in a talent show. Big deal.

Song: "Hello"

Me: Wow. He's playing the guitar. He is such a Daughtry wannabe. OK, now that I have that out of my system, this performance isn't really that bad. OK, it's good. I actually like the rocked-out take on Lionel Richie. It's something original, which I appreciate, and the guitar playing is great too. Great song choice, equally great vocals and originality. I like him now. Don't tell anybody.

Randy: "I thought it was brilliant."

Paula: "I totally love when you come on that stage."

Simon: "That was a very brave thing to do and I loved it."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best so far tonight. Why does he look like crap in all the videos and then look hot on stage. I used to hate him, but know he's one of my favs.

Anonymous said...

OH MY FRICKIN GOSH THAT WAS SO FRICKIN AWESOME I LOVED IT SO MUCH I WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH DAVID'S SCARF!

Anonymous said...

He IS hot! I was just thinking that. I want to do more than just make out with his scarf.

Anonymous said...

Definitely best performance so far. Second goes to David H. I am so pumped tonight! The boys are bringin it!

Anonymous said...

HOT !

Love what he did with the song!

NICE

lisa mc said...

LOL. I love the person who said she wants to do more than just make out with the scarf. good call.

fake daughtry or not, this guy is cool.

Amanda said...

I agree with everyone here. He really surprised us tonight, and I think it was good timing. He may be the black horse that Simon was talking about last week.

Anonymous said...

That was the best arrangement of any song I've heard in years. Whether he wins idol or not(which he should) I would think this solidifies him getting some kind of record deal. Atleast I hope so cause I want to be able to listen to him singing 'Hello' in my car. Just because he has an amazing voice like Daughtry and likes the same genre of music certainly doesn't make him a wannabe. Great voice, great performer, and great smile.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't get the Daughtry comparison. But I do think David Cook has stepped up his game immensely. He's totally one to watch (drool over, etc.).

Anonymous said...

Attention recording industry -- I want to buy this single! I've been watching Idol for years and that was one of the best perfomances ever. BTW, he's better than Daughtry.