Wednesday, February 20, 2008

alexandrea keeps us spinning

Next up: Alexandrea Lushington from Atlanta. Reminder: I interviewed her. I love bragging about that.

Song: "Spinning Wheel"

Me: She puts a pretty cool contemporary R&B vibe on this song. She kind of reminds me of Alicia Keyes right now. OK, maybe not that good. But you get the picture. It's different, and I see how viewers might be divided. In the end, I like it, mainly because of the originality factor. She's really trying to do something different, and her vocals seem to enhance that.

Randy: "You got it. It was hot, baby."

Paula: "You thought about your performance from top to bottom."

Simon: "I didn't get it...It reminded me of some terrible '60s musical."

After that, she gets into a slight banter with the judges.

Question: Do those comments have any bearing your like or dislike of contestants? In other words, would you not vote for someone based on his or her decision to talk back to the judges?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this girl was a bit flat. i know you're partial to her, but she isn't that good