Wednesday, February 27, 2008

carry on, amanda

Here's Amanda Overmyer, who's a bookworm. Wait, she likes reading biographies about rockers and books about the music business. Right.

Song: "Carry On My Wayward Son"

Me: Wat a weird song choice. As I predicted when I read it on the spoiler list this morning, it really does nothing to showcase Amanda's vocals. In fact, the opening notes, paired with the relatively long instrumental break in the middle, actually HURTS my opinion of Amanda. It's like we hardly ever heard her actually singing tonight. And what's up with her outfit? Striped hair and funky pants from the '80s. She looks like an animal. Um, like in the context of roadkill. As the song ends, it's clear Amanda's not happy with herself.

Randy: "It wasn't the right song choice for you."

Paula: "You are special. You are needed in this competition...This was not the right song for you."

Simon: "Everything felt contrived."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha roadkill. that's awesome.

how old is this girl? I was guessing 40 but they showed her mom and she looked younger than her.. That hair is what does it i think.

her voice sounded horrible. and not even horribleish. we were just sitting her watching in a frightened daze and could only utter, "uhh ok??" after the carnage was over. the roadkill carnage. haha

Anonymous said...

i liked her a lot last week but she didnt bring it at all tonite shes totaly doomed i hope they vote her off tonite

Anonymous said...

Poor Amanda. I hate to see an Indiana gal fail, but that did. Those pants, though, rocked. I have some in my drawer and they are from the 80s. 1988 in fact. In pink. They are totally awesome.

Anonymous said...

i want to see her sneak it past elimination tomorrow bc shes diffrent and has more talent to offer than what she showed tonite

Amanda said...

I agree with everyone else here. this woman scares me. And I can't figure out how old she is because of her big white hair. Her voice was so shaky and flat

lisa mc said...

i thought it was a zebra, and I wanted to put it out of its misery.