Wednesday, February 27, 2008

devoted to alaina?

(Note: Alaina was the 7th singer this evening. This entry didn't post due to a technical error. Missed entries about two other singers will appear soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

Time for Alaina Whitaker, who tells us she doesn't like the foods on her plate to touch each other. Word. I totally agree. Ask me about an experience involving chili and peach cobbler.

Song: "Hopelessly Devoted to You"

Me: This is surprisingly better than what I initially imagined. She does a fine job, and even though people criticize her as having an annoying personality, I'm strangely drawn to her. Don't worry, I know she's underage. My main criticism, though, is that she really doesn't do much to make the song her own tonight. It's what you'd expect when you ask any 17-year-old to pick a song four decades older than she is.

Randy: "I don't think that was the right song for you."

Paula: "I think you did a real good job."

Simon: "I like you...my problem is that it's almost as if your grandma prepared you for this audition...On a positive note, I actually think you're one of the dark horses in this competition."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate her. Always have. Loved shoes and dress. But, if I'd wear it, it probably ain't right for AI.

Amanda said...

hate her? that's harsh. I liked her better last week but this week I'm feeling a bit confused. bad song choice maybe