Wednesday, February 27, 2008

crazy about carly

And here we go. Seacrest somehow feels compelled to announce that Randy wears a size 13-1/2 shoe. I won't add anything.

Paula calls last night's show fantastic. I can't say the same.

First up is Carly Smithson, whose interesting fact is that she works at a bar. And she loves to clean and cook.

Song: "Crazy on You"

Me: Definitely better than last week. Glad she opted for a sleeveless outfit, even if it does show off her tattoos. All in all, she just looks much less pale and vampiric. Love the makeup. And vocally? Well, she must be a huge Heart fan. This is the second song by the band she's performed this season. (Remember...she sang "Alone" during Hollywood Week.) Technically, she's a solid singer -- heck, she had a $2 million record deal -- and back to her old form this week. It's entertaining, and I'm slowly converting to her side.

Randy: "It was good toward the end for me...the beginning was a little rough for me."

Paula: "You are an amazing singer and you did an amazing job."

Simon: "I thought it was a much better performance than last week...I still don't think yet you've chosen or connected with the right song."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and she washed her hair!

Anonymous said...

she sounded great. she's got a lot of control over her voice.

Anonymous said...

she sounded great. she's got a lot of control over her voice.

Amanda said...

Syesha is really pretty but I just don't love her and i really can't explain why