Wednesday, February 20, 2008

amanda won't go

Amanda Overmyer takes the stage. She's the biker nurse. Btw...she looks sooo much older than 23. Hopefully she sings something other than Joplin. Please. Yes! She just noted she'll be singing something other than Joplin.

Song: "Baby Please Don't Go"

Me: It's not Joplin, but still typical Amanda. Very rocker grrl. My only criticism? It's not incredibly challenging vocally, and the background music at times seems to overpower her. That said, I like Amanda because I'd venture to say she's the only contestant who seems to deliver a consistent vibe, whether or not audience members like it. On the other hand, I don't know if I can imagine her being a stand-alone Idol. Seems like she'd fit in just as well with a band.

Randy: "I liked it."

Paula: "I just love everything that you do."

Simon: "I really like you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't really like it. I had trouble understanding what she was saying. So far not very impressed with the ladies.

Anonymous said...

yikes she is so scary looking. and her voice sounds like fingernails on a chalk board