Wednesday, February 27, 2008

could alexandrea leave us?

(Note: This blog post appears late due to a technological error. Alexandrea was the 8th singer of the night.)

Here’s our quasi-local girl, Alexandrea Lushington, who we learn was the poster girl for the Atlanta Fire Department. Love her.

Song: “If You Leave Me Now”

Me: What I like about Alexandrea, aside from the fact that I once interviewed her, is that she does a great job of making old-school songs like this one contemporary. She has a good vocal tone, and even though I think I like her better on the faster songs, this performance is OK. The song choice makes it borderline forgettable, but the vocals save it to some extent. Her lack of air time so far might put her in jeopardy on a night like this, though.

Randy: “It was such a safe, kind of boring choice for me

Paula: “You’ve made it your own. I’ve never heard a female take on that song.”

Simon: “I think you’re struggling right now…The problem is that you were inconsistent on the song.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to like her. I really, really do. But she's not making it easy.

Amanda said...

I loved her tonight. My husband couldn't remember her at all, though, which is a bad sign. But she impressed us both. She looked like she was going to cry though

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean your now-husband? And she was B-A-D. Sorry.