Thursday, February 14, 2008

alexandrea lushington: secret weapon?


Name: Alexandrea Lushington

Age: 16

Audition city: Atlanta

Distinguishing characteristics: While we've gotten a few from-the-distance glimpses of this teen's eclectic fashion sense, she's had relatively little air time. We saw her perform "My Funny Valentine" during her Atlanta audition, though, and the judges loved it.

Skeletons in the closet: The fact that she actually took the time to speak with me in August!Yep, this is the one AI hopeful I've actually met. I interviewed her when I covered the Atlanta auditions, after learning from this DJ that she won a fast pass from Atlanta radio station Star 94. Former finalist Mandisa also had that fast pass when she auditioned.

Sounds like: Tamyra Gray meets Melinda Doolittle, minus all images of Shrek

Chances of winning: Vocally, she's solid, but her lack of air time thus far suggests she might not be a producer favorite. I'm hoping she has a good chance, though.

No comments: