Wednesday, February 20, 2008

lovin' alaina more today

Next up: Alaina Whitaker, the often-called junior Carrie Underwood. Also the youngest contestant this season, Seacrest says. And her bday is tomorrow. The big 17. Almost legal.

Song: "More Today Than Yesterday"

Me: Wow. A repeat song. Reminder: Chikezie sang this last night. If you remember, when two contestants sang the same song -- "Feelin' Good" -- last year in semifinals, they were both eliminated. Fortunately, Alaina is 100 times better than Chikezie. She has a commanding stage presence and for the first time, I see the truth in the Carrie Underwood parallels. Vocally solid with even a few traces of originality. Hot, talented, intriguing. She should be safe.

Randy: "Once you got started, it was like going on."

Paula: "You nailed it."

Simon: "I think you're very good."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked her a LOT. wasn't there an alaina last year? I think she wasn't good though.

Amanda said...

She impressed me. She seems like she'd fade in the background because she looks like the million other blonds who have been on this show, but she's got talent and stage presence, as you said. I think she's definitely through to the next round and that she's in my top 3 girls.