Thursday, February 28, 2008

elimination roundup

Again, here's who went home tonight:

1. Jason Yeager

2. Alexandrea Lushington

3. Alaina Whitaker

4. Robbie Carrico

I'd guess most fans are more upset about the girls than the guys, as I really do think we lost two decent female singers. The culprit? A combination of poor song choices and little air time. Alaina, probably, was a victim of one too many blondes on stage. Of the three, she probably had the least air time and weakest stage presence.

Most viewers likely are wondering why Alexandrea stayed instead of Amanda. I'd wonder the same thing -- if the show was set up so you could vote people off, rather than keep people on.

But that's not true, and while Amanda was seemingly universally hated, her vast amount of critics couldn't really do anything to get rid of her. Thus, her small, but loyal, fan base (read: Vote for the Worst) probably voted wholeheartedly -- while Alexandrea was favored over Amanda, but not to the extent where people would actually vote for her.

What do you guys think? Should Luke have gone instead of Robbie? Kady instead of Alaina?

Send me your thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah and alaina had a weak "surprising" story: she likes to keep her food separated. Big whoop. how contrived and not interesting or surprising.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for pedophiliated dreams tonight starring me and David Archuleta

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why people like Syesha and more than Alexandrea. I mean, A is just as cute and I think her singing was a little more original. Why no love for A?

Anonymous said...

I think this process is dragging. Obviously no one's hearts were broken when any of these four got cut, so why stop at four? Why don't they just go ahead and cut 12 in one fell swoop? So we can get to the real show

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I really liked Jason Yeager He was so cute and I thought his voice was unique Not too crazy or strange but something a bit retro maybe. This show is all about personality and popularity now