Tuesday, February 19, 2008

david archuleta cashes in

Time for

Song: "You Better Shop Around"

Me: It's good, naturally solid, but I don't like it as much I liked, say, David's take on John Mayer we saw earlier this season. I like him on better on the calm, acoustic-type stuff. At times, it seems like he goes overboard showcasing his vocals here. That said, he's a good singer and he'll inevitably hang around a long time. A word of caution, though. Jessica Sierra performed this song in Season 4. Please don't end up on "Celebrity Rehab," David. Seriously.

Randy: "I thought that was really brilliant."

Paula: "I feel it was a very brave and bold choice of song for you."

Simon: "That was by a comfortable mile the best performance of the night."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have one freaky memory girl. Seriously, how do you remember stuff from 2 years ago like that? were you blogging back then?? Anyway, this performance was pretty good. Igive it an 8

Anonymous said...

That boy is adorable. I loved his interview at the beginning. I thought the song was a bit low for him, though. I hope he does well.