Friday, April 4, 2008

vital idol


I've yet to experience any major grief over Ramiele's departure, but if you're one of her fans, you can check out this exit interview from Entertainment Weekly. The site also has this piece in which Season 6 finalist Chris Sligh (aka: Jack Osbourne) tells about what happens in the hours after a contestant gets the boot.

Yes, grief counseling is involved.

Still no official word on next week's theme, although rumors suggest it'll be inspirational songs consistent with the return of "Idol Gives Back."

Remember, this year "Idol Gives Back" will get its own night so it won't coincide with eliminations. Presumably, that means we won't get the "surprise" of an elimination-free week again, but you never know what those crazy producers could cook up.

Anyway, here's how next week's AI lineup will go down:

Tuesday, contestants will perform beginning at 8 p.m.

Wednesday, it's the "Idol Gives Back" extravaganza from 7:30 to 10 p.m.

Thursday, elimination night starts at 8 p.m.

Got it?

Scared of the prospect of three consecutive nights of AI? Here's something that'll increase your fears: Teri Hatcher will sing at "Idol Gives Back," this article reports. Eww.

And finally, USA Today has this report card grading some contestants' post-AI accomplishments. Does Ruben Studdard deserve a "C"? You be the judge.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teri Hatcher sings??? That's really weird.

I have very mixed emotions about 2nd-tier actresses trying to be singers (lindsay lohan and teri hatcher) and 3rd-tier singers trying to be actresses (britney spears and jessica simpson).

But my opinion is clear about Paris Hilton trying to do either. Suck it, Paris. Disappear.

Anonymous said...

I think Chris Sligh is RIGHT ON with his assessment of David Archuleta in that article:

"David Archuleta finished his descent into mediocrity and finally gave another great performance. I actually thought this was his best performance yet. But it also feeds my wondering where he'll fit into the marketing landscape. I think he is an incredible talent, but I fear he'll get stuck in between being a serious artist and a Disney artist and will fall between the cracks from a marketing standpoint. Believe me, he'll be making records, but I'm not sure I'm on the boat that he'll be a huge artist today."

Anonymous said...

no way chris sligh look like jack osbourne. he looks like christina aguilera!

that was the greatest audition video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Kw-s9dhyM0

Anonymous said...

Note to self...... Stay away from Fox on Tuesday between 7:30 and 10:00PM.

I'm sorry but the Idol gives back thing is making me sick again. I still have a bad taste from last season.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping people in need, but Idol Gives Back seems more to me like it's just a bunch of mega-millionaire celebs standing around asking for my measly pennies while they pat themselves on the back for being such great people. Makes me want to vomit.

I don't need American Idol and all these celebs telling me that I need to be generous with my money and send it to Africa. I give plenty to charity, and I like to choose the charity, how's about just get back to entertaining us.

Anonymous said...

OOPS, correction to my previos comment, I'll watch on Tuesday... Wednesday is the night to stear clear of.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Scott. I will not be watching the show, nor will I comment on this blog Wednesday.

The whole thing reminds me of the Green Tour or whatever that concert was called last year where all the billionaire celebrities flew their huge, private jets to that concert to raise "awareness" (instead of money) of global warming. They probably did worse for the environment in that week with their jets than raising awareness could have possibly done.