Tuesday, April 1, 2008

brooke takes on jolene

It's on!

What did you guys think of Seacrest's April Fool's joke?

Wow...Dolly Parton is sooo cute. I love her, plastic surgery and all.

Anyway, straight into the music. First up, Brooke White who calls Dolly Parton "huge." Dolly seems to like her.

Song: "Jolene"

Me: Good song choice, and I'm glad to see her take the stage with the guitar instead of the piano this week. It's pretty much classic Brooke, although maybe a bit more up tempo than what we've seen in recent weeks -- "Here Comes the Sun" aside. I guess I'm satisfied overall, though I could have used a few more surprises and things got a bit predictable toward the end. Slightly a bit too dominated by the chorus. But decent.

Randy: "It was all right."

Paula: "You're consistent. You are who you are."

Simon: "Actually, I think what was lacking on that song was any emotion."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA WHOA what is this?? that was great, and you are all wrong! That was the perfect song for her, she always picks the best songs for her particular style and voice. the song is hard to invoke emotion on because of the tempo and tune...
poo on simon

Anonymous said...

brooke is.... boring?????

Anonymous said...

I know Brooke probably had nothing to do with this but I really liked the fiddle playing beside her. Great instrumental for this song, and Brooke's still got my vote

Anonymous said...

i disagree with the judges. brooke is awesome! i think it was a great song for her and she nailed it as usual.

Anonymous said...

makes my itchy butt hole feel better

Amanda said...

Brooke is my hands-down FAVORITE contestant on this show, and once again she didn't disappoint.

I like that she tried a quicker song this week. She can do anything and MAKE IT HER OWN... and yet she's not like Archuleta who sounds the same every week.