Tuesday, February 12, 2008

recap: question of the night

What was up with all the blue tongues?

My guess is it's from some kind of throat lozenge available for contestants. But I'm willing to take any other suggestions you might offer, especially those involving diseases transmitted orally by latin lover Ghaleb. Eww.

Anyway, it was a good show overall, if not a bit long. There weren't too many surprises, either, with the exception of Josiah's OK and a no for Angela, who enhanced her back story appeal by adding that her dad was killed. We already knew she's a single mother whose daughter has a rare disease.

Surprisingly, we didn't even see a bunch of the top contenders, like Alexandrea Lushington of Atlanta, who presumably is still in the running. That said, we're left with lots of singers primed to occupy the top 24, such as:

-Failed MCA Irish songstress Carly Smithson

-Pure nanny Brooke White

-Australian hottie Michael Johns

-Sob story queen Asia'h Epperson, whose dad died shortly after she told him she was auditioning for AI

-Former Star Search winner -- and a victim of a paralyzed vocal chord -- David Archuleta

So what do you think? Who was your favorite singer tonight? Who was the biggest disappointment? And are you going to watch tomorrow?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the name of the song the irish girl sang?!

Amanda said...

I love that paralyzed vocal chord guy. It makes his raspy voice more credible, not "put on" like you know some people are doing (ummm like faking irish accents when they sing).

Anonymous said...

That Irish girl was Frickin awesome. Really hot too. Want to make out.

Anonymous said...

i have a filing im going to like that nerdy guy with teh glases. his hair looks like ronald mcdonalds and he needs a makoveer but i bet hes good w teh balads

Anonymous said...

o and they had blue tonges becuz they were makin out wit smurfs

Anonymous said...

I was disapointed by the beauty queen girl. I thought she was cute and sweet and i wanted her to go far just to prove something. And where was the Dolly Parton girl? Did they show her I must have missed her?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I liked that guy who was really young who had that "pure-sounding" voice. He had dark hair and he looked about 16 or so. Does anyone know who I'm tlaking about?

Anonymous said...

ill just say it does seem that it seems this year the jugdes are choosing people for actual talent rather than personality which is a good thing

lisa mc said...

I also love paralyzed vocal cord guy, as well as Cowboy Guy Colton something-or-other who they kept showing was making it but we never got to hear him sing. Also like hot nanny and Chain of Fools chick. I don't hate British/Southerner who cries a lot, but he needs to get over his shit.
I wanted to kill Ryan tonight. He reminded me of the host of "Cheaters." JOEY GRECO!

Amanda said...

Whoops. I feel silly. I completely got paralyzed vocal chord guy mixed up with raspy-voiced Australian guy who sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I actually like both of them a lot, but my favorite is the Bohemian singer guy. What a hottie.