Thursday, March 8, 2007

AI & GGW

Just over three hours remain until tonight's elimination ceremony, and I'm already on pins and needles. Luckily, I've found enough breaking AI news to temporarily fill my appetite.

As if you haven't already heard enough about Antonella Barba -- a contestant one of my co-workers called this season's "token slut"
-- I found out today that she's been offered $250,000 to join the "Girls Gone Wild" family. Read the full story here. Think she'll do it?

Speaking of Antonella, I'm sticking to my assertion that she's safe tonight. Not based on performance value (obviously), but because this season would be absolutely nothing without her scandal. And since when has anybody used talent as a factor to determine Idol suitability?

Which brings us to tonight's booted singers. This is probably my toughest decision yet. And I'll probably still be wrong.

But as for the men...I'm going to name Brandon Rogers as a shoe-in for departure. The second eliminated contestant? We're going to hope wishful thinking transforms into reality. I'm sticking with Sanjaya. However, I'm teetering on the edge of choosing Jared Cotter instead.

Now, the women. Antonella will not go home. I repeat, Antonella will not go home. Don't hate the messenger.

Who's going home? The most obvious choice is Haley Scarnato. I don't know how she mustered such a strong fan base in weeks past, but hopefully they forgot to vote last night. For my second pick, I'll stick with Jordin. Although Stephanie seems like a very, very strong contender as well.

As usual, check in regularly for live updates throughout the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my picks: Antonella, Stephanie, Jared and Sunjaya