Tuesday, March 6, 2007

big momma's house

4. Chris Richardson...so guess what? He used to be fat. Which is true. Unlike Sundance Head, who said he used to be fat, but really still is fat. Looks like somebody isn't really that funny after all.
Song: "I'm Not Gonna Cry"
Me: I actually love this song. It reminds me of when Chris Daughtry and/or Ace Young sang it last season on country night. Remember that? I like this performance, but it's boring in comparison to last week's "Geek in Pink." Still, I have to give Chris props for always making his song choices unique. This week is no exception. We got an urban, Timberlake-inspired take on Keith Urban. Sweet.
Randy: "This kid is in it to win it."
Paula: "You just adapted well."
Simon: "I still don't think we've heard what you're capable of doing yet."
Score: 7/10
*During the judge banter, we learned that this song was once again devoted to his Grandma, aka Big Momma. Um, no do-overs, dude. You missed your chance last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Chris and his Big Mama have a secret incestual and gross relationship. And I also think that the world doesn't need another freaking annoying Justin Timberlake. The original has a crappy voice, and his copycat wannabe is even worse.

Anonymous said...

4. Amen to the comment about not needing another Justin. But I'm just agreeing because though I LOVE JT, I hate it when AI contestants try to imitate. They never get far when they do that because the fans of the real deal won't keep voting and those who hate the original don't like that kind of singing anyway.

Anonymous said...

4. I give chris a 6/10, by the way.

Anonymous said...

big mama isn't really his grandmother. it's some senile woman in a nursing home he calls his grandmother while the cameras are there so that all the old ladies will think he's darling and all the little girls will think he's husband material. but he has a terrible voice