Tuesday, March 20, 2007

we need melinda

11. Melinda Doolittle...she's apparently singing a song outside her comfort zone. We'll see about that. Lulu really likes her.
Song: "As Long As He Needs Me"
Me: I want Melinda's fan base to be called Troll Patrol. Sorry, that's mean. Whoa, she just hawked a major spit rocket while singing. Zoom in on the little girl crying again. Is somebody punching her? That comment was courtesy of a viewing partner again. But back to the vocals...this is excellent as usual. By now, we know what to expect. However, in the words of a viewing partner of mine, she better watch out for Merle Haggard week.
Randy: "Tonight we probably saved the best vocal for last."
Paula: "You are in your own league, my dear."
Simon: "You made the second part of the song absolutely sensational."
Score: 9/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how she could have ever been a backup singer. She's got such a powerful voice-- how did she ever keep it down? 1010

Anonymous said...

yawn

Amanda said...

I love her new haircut. She just gets prettier and prettier to me every week. I hate to say it, though, I did zone out a little during her performance because I knew to just expect perfection from her. When I tuned back in during the judges' comments, I knew I'd been right in my assumption. She's great though. She'll probably come in second or first